The American Public Health Association 145th Annual Meeting
Creating the Healthiest Nation: Health Equity Now
San Diego, California
November 10 - 14, 2018
The American Public Health Association (APHA) American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Caucus is proud to offer travel scholarships for American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian (AIANNH) students to attend the 145th APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition in San Diego, California on November 10 - November 14, 2018.
The APHA AIANNH Caucus Student Scholarship will provide AIANNH students interested in public health with assistance towards the costs of traveling to and attending the APHA Annual Meeting. The APHA Annual Meeting addresses current and emerging health science, policy, and practice issues in an effort to prevent disease and promote health. In addition, it provides numerous opportunities to learn about public health careers, research careers and to network with AIANNH health professional role models and elders.
All AIANNH full time undergraduate, graduate and recent graduate (within 1 year of graduation) students interested in public health are encouraged to apply. Young professionals are also eligible. Past recipients are not eligible.
If selected, students must agree to the following:
1) Attend all AIANNH Caucus activities of the APHA Meeting;
2) Attend an APHA AIANNH Caucus orientation;
3) Assist during meeting and Caucus sessions with distribution/collection of materials, moderation, summarizing sessions, taking pictures, etc.
4) Submit a brief newsletter article about APHA experience and a post evaluation of the APHA meeting upon its completion; and
5) Submit APHA Meeting travel-related paperwork upon return.
Application Deadline PDF
If you are interested in applying for student travel support to attend the APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition, please complete the attached application form and submit all required items by September 7th 2018.
In Hawai'i, feel free to call the AIANNH Caucus Chair, Babette Galang at 808-597-6550.